Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sugar Baby

I'm leaving in May for Europe. I've decided to just sort of back pack through it on account of the fact that

A. hotels are so expensive for more than thirty days.
B. it's far too complicated to try to work out getting a work permit for a menial job.

I'm a pretty high maintenance girl when it comes right down to it. I don't wear much makeup, but I do wear a bit, and I always do my hair (now, again). Whilst I can live out of a suitcase, and from hotel to hotel, I don't know how I'm going to do living out of a backpack and living hostel to hostel. Anyway, I'm trying to train my hair to not need a straightener, and its not an easy feat. The good news is that its getting back to its uberlong length so the weight of it all is helping keep the curls on the DL.

In partially other news, my Westie Sugar has had a downright disgusting ear infection, so I took her to the vet today. Turns out she also has a skin infection, her gums are disintegrating, and she's getting arthritis in her knees. I'll have you know this is her third time since Thanksgiving that she's been to the vet, so don't go thinking she's been neglected. Well, the vet said that if I start all the medications and baths today & keep up on her vet visits and junk, she should be all better within six months.

May we review the top of this post? Yeaah...I've been planning to leave in May for three months for a long time now. I'm really...puzzled. I don't want to give Sugar away, & quite frankly I'm starting to get accustomed to waiting to leave (mo money). The big problem is that a year ago I told everyone that I was moving to California in August 09. Then I told them I was moving to CA in January. Then I said I was going to Europe in April with a friend. Then I said May. This is the first time it's my fault for the pushback, but it's just so embarassing. I almost feel like disappearing in May and pretending I've left. It's so irritating!! I hate having to tell people I didn't do what I said I was going to. I feel like a failure.


...because I failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment