Tuesday, November 24, 2009

know or go

my puppy is ignoring me.


this has been ever the week! heather spent the night on sunday - something we haven't done in a long time. technically I haven't had a sleepover in ages with anyone. we were making facetime videos and thus decided to dye our hair pink. I'm talking bubble gum pink, too. She did her entire head, and I just did a few strands. we didn't quite register the fact that her hair is super dark, so now she just kind of has a purple tinge. My blonde hair, however, got intensely pink. It was awesome on Sunday night; not so awesome at work on Monday afternoon. I only had it in streaks beneath the top layer, and in my bangs so I tried to hide it as best I could, but I got caught =/


I've been thinking and speaking a lot about The Big Move. I've had a few spats with my parents this past week, and what with time generally progressing, my future is hanging gravely in the air. I'm moving to London in May if at least only for a few months. I need a change from the norm here and, while the weather won't be much of a change, just about all else will. To answer the ever present question: "why don't you just go for a visit?"

because.

I've heard from a many notable source that the best way to truely experience a culture and society is to completely drown yourself in it. Go to the grocery store, use the laundrymat, send a letter through the parcel service. That good stuff. As of right now I can afford to chillax for about four months, but I think I want to work at least part time. How weird would it be from going to working three jobs to immediately working zero? Awkward.

ANYhow in the spirit of my near dependence, I decided to go grocery shopping tonight. Mainly, I went because my candy canes were all eaten up already. So in planning for the next several meals, I bought poptarts (brekkie), ritz bits cheese (lunch?) and candy canes (dessert). I'm going to be a remarkable adult. Heather & I were talking about what kind of nerf gun arsenial and will ferell collection our shared apartment would have if we so chose to have one. A mini fridge loaded with lunchables and always at least one fort. Ohh what dreams we have...

I'm sleepy and don't have a day off until...Sunday? Good stuff.

peaches,

d.

No comments:

Post a Comment